Monday, November 26, 2007

Now in Kansas

Some of my family at Thanksgiving

Okay....so I know it has been awhile, but things have been crazy. I was preparing for the move, working a lot, and then once I got to Kansas I didn't have real internet until today. So, here is what is going on with us. I just moved to Lawrence, Kansas for about 5-6 months so I can be around friends and family to have Baby Tristen. I got home the day before Thanksgiving and then spent the weekend with lots of my family. I also went shopping early Friday morning and bought way more stuff than I should have. :) Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment with a primary care physician so I can get a referral to an obstetrician, and then hopefully I will be able to get in to see them later this week.


Here is a post from Bob when he first got to the Philippines:


"So finally got here in the Philippines, have to adjust to living with three other people in one room, and work/live in an area about the same size as half of a city block. Other than that, life is good. Don't have to cook for the next six months, not even ramen, and no laundary neither, only thing that I need to do is work. Kind of like prison when thinking about it. Weather is decent but not great, hot and humid, pretty much the exact opposite of Colorado Springs right now. That's right, I'm the guy that bitches about weather on a tropical island. Work should be pretty cool, mainly project management (50+ projects are slated to start sometime within the next 6 months in my area of responsibility) and maybe some rudimentary design. "


Since then, he has moved to another island and is living in a house with 6 or 7 Army guys. He has his own room now, they take turns cooking dinner, and they have a cleaning lady. He is on a Philippine military base where there are chickens, cows and geckos running all around. He also said that he had a couple little kids shine his boots for a couple bucks. I will keep you posted and hopefully have some pictures from Bob soon.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I bet $5 that if he stays in he offers to pay Tristen to shine his boots someday.

Laura Liu said...

Or he will just tell Tristen that if he wants to eat dinner he has to shine Daddy's boots first.

Anonymous said...

You look great, Laura! I'm so glad you started this blog to keep us in the loop. Are you still going to get a 3D ultrasound?